21-25 August 2019, 17th Edition
Versiune in limba romana
1. GENERAL RULES
1.1 The Solo Classical Guitar Contest includes six categories of age:
- Very Young Category: born on the 1st of January 2009 or younger
- I Category: born on the 1st of January 2007 or younger
- II Category: born on the 1st of January 2005 or younger
- III Category: born on the 1st of January 2003 or younger
- IV Category: born on the 1st of January 2001 or younger
- V Category: without age limit
1.2 The The Guitar Chamber Music Contest addresses to formations up to 10 (ten) members and includes two age categories:
- I-mc Category: born on the 1st of January 2005 or younger
- II-mc Category: without age limit
1.3 The contestants may participate both in the competition of their age Category and in the competition of the next age Category; in this case, the contestants will pay the participation fee for both Categories, with 10% discount for the total amount.
1.4 The organization reserves the right to cancel a certain age category competition if the number of the applicants is less than three. In this case, the festival secretary will refund the participation fees.
1.5 The "length of the program" (or "the program's duration") is the time used on the stage by the contestant.
1.6 The contestant will be interrupted by the Secretary of the jury, at the request of the President of the jury, if the length of the contestant's program will exceed by more than one minute the total time specified by the Regulations.
1.7 By applying to enter the competition, competitors shall assume responsibility for compliance with competition rules. By signing the application form or by submitting the online application form through the www.transilvaniaguitar.ro website, each candidate agrees to accept these regulations and to resign all rights related to possible audio and video recordings.
1.8 The money prizes are taxable, according to Romanian laws.
1.9 Since competitions are simultaneously with the master classes, the competitor's succession in the contest will be determined in advance by the organizers, according to the master class schedule for each participant.
2. SPECIAL RULES
2.1 For Very Young Category the program will last between 4 and 7 minutes and will be of free choice.
2.2 For I Category the program will last between 5 and 8 minutes and will be of free choice.
2.3 For II Category the program will last between 6 and 9 minutes and will be of free choice.
2.4 For III Category the program will last between 9 and 13 minutes and will be of free choice.
2.5 For IV Category the program will last between 13 and 18 minutes and will be of free choice.
2.6 For V Category the contest will include two stages:
- The first stage has an eliminatory character; the program's duration will last between 8 and 12 minutes and and will be of free choice.
- The second stage is the final one. In the second stage the program will last between 15 and 22 minutes and will be of free choice. The program for the final stage may include works performed already in the first stage.
2.6 For the I-mc Category the program will last maximum 8 minutes and will include at most three works. Formations including other instruments but classical guitar are also accepted (excluding piano).
2.7 For the II-mc Category the program will last between 13 and 22 minutes and will be of free choice. Formations including other instruments but classical guitar are also accepted (excluding piano).
3.1 The criteria of evaluation of contestants' performance sum 100 points as follow:
- the observance of the score: 15 points
- the diversity of the program and the stylistic realization: 20 points
- the quality of sound and technical accuracy: 20 points
- the difficulty and duration of the program: 20 points
- the artistic contribution, general performance and stage presence: 25 points
3.2 The result of the evaluation is expressed by points from 1 to 100, and it is determined by the average score of the jury members, after excluding the highest and the lowest score.
The scoring of the juries will determine the awarded prizes, as follows:
- First Prize: score from 96 to 100;
- Second Prize: score from 90 to 95;
- Third Prize: score from 80 to 89.
- Successful participation: score below 80 points
- The competitor who achieves the best score among the First Prize classified (96 to 100 points) will be considered as the ”Champion” of their corresponding competition category.
The Prizes will be published as soon as the competition finishes, without showing or displaying the points. The individual point scores will not be published, but the participants can find out their own detailed score with all the jury points via email, addressed to the organizers.
3.3 The jury will be formed by important figures of classical guitar and teachers of the participants.
3.4 The members of the jury are not entitled to score for their current or former students, or for their relatives participating in the contest.
3.5 The members of the jury offer to give advice to each participant after the closing of the competition.
3.6 Any editions of the presented works are accepted; the candidate has to present the scores to the jury.
3.7 The jury's resolutions are final.
3.8 The sponsors and the organizers of the Festival may offer special prizes also.
4.1 The number of participants is limited. The admission to participate depends on the succession of applications. The organizers will announce the termination of the registration on this site when the maximum number of participants is reached.
4.2 The Registration will be made by:
- filling in the Online Registration Form and
- paying the participation fee to ACT account.
4.3 The Registration Form will be sent online on TRANSILVANIA Guitar Association website: www.transilvaniaguitar.ro/register
4.4 The Participation Fee1
- solo classical guitar competition, Very Young Category: 20 Euro
- solo classical guitar competition, I Category: 20 Euro
- solo classical guitar competition, II Category: 25 Euro
- solo classical guitar competition, III Category: 30 Euro
- solo classical guitar competition, IV Category: 35 Euro
- solo classical guitar competition, V Category: 45 Euro
- chamber music competition, I-mc Category: 30 Euro / formation
- chamber music competition, II-mc Category: 50 Euro / formation
- master classes:
- package M-2: 45 Euro - 2 meetings of 40 minutes each
- package M-3: 55 Euro - 3 meetings of 40 minutes each
- package M-4: 65 Euro - 4 meetings of 40 minutes each
- package M-5: 75 Euro - 5 meetings of 40 minutes each
4.5 The participants will send the registration form and will pay the participation until 5 of August 2019.
4.6 The participation fee will be paid by bank transfer to one of TRANSILVANIA Guitar Association's accounts:
- IBAN lei: RO12 BTRL 0130 1205 4334 05XX (Transilvania Bank)
- IBAN Euro: RO58 BTRL 0130 4205 4334 05XX
SWIFT: BTRL RO 22 (Transilvania Bank)
- C.I.F.: 18444715
4.7 The participation fees are not refundable.
5. ADMINISTRATIVE ASPECTS
5.1 The Participants Arriving will be on Wednesday, 21 August 2019, between 13:00 - 16:00 hours, to the "Gheorghe Dima" Music Academy, address: st. I. C. Bratianu, no. 25. The participants must present the copy of the participation fee's receipt and the copy of the Identity Card or Birth Certificate.
5.2 Should differences of opinion arise, only the Romanian version of these Festival Regulations shall be relevant.