22-25 of November 2007, Fifth Edition
1. Contest's Regulations
1.1. The solo classical guitar contest includes four categories of age1:
- A Category up to 9 years old
- B Category from 10 to 12 years old
- C Category from 13 to 16 years old
- D Category without age limit2
1.1.1. For A Category the program will last3 maximum 10 minutes4 and will include at the most three works.
1.1.2. For B Category the program will last3 maximum 15 minutes4 and will include at the most three works.
1.1.3. For C Category the program will last3 maximum 20 minutes4 and will include at the most three works from at least two different stylistic periods.
1.1.4. For D Category without age limit, the contest will include two stages:
The prizes for this category are:
- the first stage has an eliminatory character; the program's duration will be of maximum 15 minutes and will include a preclassical and a classical work.
- for the second stage the program's duration will be of maximum 20 minutes and will include a romantic work, a modern or contemporary work and, optional, free program in the rest of time, except for the program presented in the first stage.
First Prize: a classical guitar build special for this event by Gyorgy Nemes, valued at 1500 Euro
Second Prize: 400 Euro
Third Prize: 250 Euro
1.2. The contest of guitar chamber music - duo, trio and quartet - includes two age categories:
- A-cm Category up to 14 years old
- B-cm Category without age limit
1.2.1 For the A-mc Category the program will last maximum 10 minutes and will include at the most two works. Only guitar formations are accepted.
1.2.2 For the B-mc Category the program will last maximum 15 minutes and will include at the most three works. Formations including at the most another instrument but classical guitar are accepted also.
The jury will be formed by important figures of classical guitar and will be presided by Ulrich Muller (Germany). The jury's resolutions are final. The sponsors and the organizers of the Festival may offer special prizes also.
3. Participation Fee5
- Solo Classical Guitar Contest: 20 Euro6
- Guitar Chamber Music Contest: 20 Euro / formation
- Master Class: 30 Euro / 2 meetings of 30 minutes
- Festival: 10 RON7
Any editions of the presented works are accepted; the candidate has to present the scores to the jury.
5. Registration Form
The registration form will be sent to TRANSILVANIA Guitar Association until Saturday, 10th of November 2007 to 400667, st. Bucegi, no. 11, ap. 39, Cluj-Napoca, Cluj, through e-mail at our contact e-mails, or online in the Register Online section.