18-23 of August 2008, Sixth Edition
Versiune in limba romana
The sixth edition of the contest addresses to guitarist of all ages and proposes to stimulate and professionalize the classical guitar studying. Although art cannot be measured and quantified - as sport does - these Regulations intend to fairly evaluate the contestant's performing by two means: by performing works that are representative for the guitar repertory and by establishing clear criteria for evaluating participant's performance.
1. GENERAL RULES
1.1. The Solo Classical Guitar Contest includes four categories of age:
- A Category born in 18 August 1998 or younger
- B Category born in 18 August 1995 or younger
- C Category born in 18 August 1991 or younger
- D Category without age limit
1.2. The The Guitar Chamber Music Contestaddresses to formations up to ten members and includes two age categories:
- A-cm Category up to 14 years old
- B-cm Category without age limit
1.3 The contestants may participate both in the competition of their age Category and in the competition of the next age Category; in this case, the contestants will pay the participation fee for both Categories.
1.4 The "length of the program" is the time used on the stage by the contestant.
1.5 The jury may stop the contestant in two situations: at the end of the granted time, or if the performance level is considered unsuitable.1.6 The money prizes are taxable, according to Romanian laws.
2. SPECIAL RULES
2.1 For A Category the program will last maximum 10 minutes and will include at the most four works.
2.2 For B Category the program will last maximum 15 minutes and will include at the most four works of which at least two are stylistically different (preclassical, classical, romantic, modern or contemporary) and belong to authors from the list of composers attached to the Regulations.
2.3 For C Category the program will last maximum 20 minutes and will include:
- a preclassical work belonging to an author from the list of composers attached to the Regulations
- program including at the most three works from at least two different stylistic periods (preclassical, classical, romantic, modern or contemporary) and belong to authors from the list of composers attached to the Regulations.
2.4 For D Category without age limit, the contest will include two stages:
The prizes for this category are:
- the first stage has an eliminatory character; the program's duration will be of maximum 15 minutes and will include a preclassical and a classical work, from the list of composers attached to the Regulations.
- or the second stage the program's duration will be of maximum 25 minutes and will include a romantic work, a modern or contemporary work and, optional, free program in the rest of time, except for the program presented in the first stage. The works that are stylistically representative must be from the list of composers attached to the Regulations.
First Prize: a classical guitar build special for this event by Constantin DUMITRIU, valued at 3500 Euro
Premiul II: 500 Euro
Premiul III: 250 Euro
2.5 For the A-mc Category the program will last maximum 15 minutes and will include at the most two works. Only guitar formations are accepted.
2.6 For the B-mc Category the program will last maximum 20 minutes and will include at the most three works from at least two different stylistic periods (preferable preclassical). Formations including at the most another instrument but classical guitar are also accepted.
3.1 The criteria of evaluation of contestants' performance sum 100 points as fallow:
- the observance of the score: 15 points
- the stylistic realization: 20 points
- the quality of sound and technical accuracy: 20 points
- the difficulty of the repertory: 20 points
- the artistic contribution, general performance and stage presence: 25 points
3.2 Any editions of the presented works are accepted; the candidate has to present the scores to the jury. For B, C and D Categories the works that are stylistically representative from the repertory must belong exclusively to authors from the list of composers attached to the Regulations. If a participant wants to perform a work by an author that is not in the list of composers attached to the Regulations, he must consult the organizers, before the registration, to discuss the possibility of including the author in the corresponding stylistically period of the list.
3.3 The jury will be formed by important figures of classical guitar. The jury's resolutions are final. The sponsors and the organizers of the Festival may offer special prizes also.
4.1 The number of participants is limited. The admission to participate depends on the succession of applications. The organizers will announce the termination of the registration on this site when the maximum number of participants is reached.
4.2 The Registration will be until 5 August 2008 by:
- filling in and sending the Registration Form to the organizers,
- paying the participation fee to ACT account.
4.3 The Registration Form will be sent by one of the fallowing means:
- to the postal address of TRANSILVANIA Guitar Association: st. Bucegi, no. 11, ap. 39, 400667 Cluj-Napoca, Cluj, Romania
- email to email@example.com
- online on TRANSILVANIA Guitar Association website: www.transilvaniaguitar.ro
4.4 The Participation Fee1
- Solo Classical Guitar Contest: 20 Euro (or 75 lei)2
- Guitar Chamber Music Contest: 20 Euro (or 75 lei) / formation
- Master Class: 40 Euro (or 150 lei) / 4 meetings of 30 minutes
4.5 The participation fee will be paid until 5 August 2008 by one of the fallowing means:
- bank transfer to one of TRANSILVANIA Guitar Association's accounts:
- IBAN lei: RO12 BTRL 0130 1205 4334 05XX (Transilvania Bank)
- IBAN Euro: RO58 BTRL 0130 4205 4334 05XX
SWIFT: BTRL RO 22 (Transilvania Bank)
- C.I.F.: 18444715
- money order to TRANSILVANIA Guitar Association's postal address: st. Bucegi, no. 11, ap. 39, 400667 Cluj-Napoca, Cluj, Romania
4.6 The participation fee is not refundable.
5. ORGANIZATIONAL ASPECTS
5.1 The Participants Arriving will be on Monday, 18 August 2008, between 9:00 - 16:00 hours, to the Municipal House of Culture Cluj-Napoca, Piata Unirii no. 24. The candidate's succession in the contest is determined by toss. For the participants that will not be present in this interval, the succession in the contest will be official determined by toss. The participants must present the copy of the participation fee's receipt and the copy of the Identity Card or Birth Certificate.
5.2 The Opening Festivity will be on Monday, 18 August 2008, 18:00 hours, to the Municipal House of Culture Cluj-Napoca, Piata Unirii no. 24.
5.3 Depending on the available number of rooms and the registration order, the organizers offer the accommodation for the participants and their companions at a student hostel, for 20-30 lei (5-8 Euro) per night; depending on the available number of rooms, participants may be accommodated on 2-3 stars hotel for 25-50 Euro per night. Meal and accommodation expenses will be supported by the participants.
5.4 Should differences of opinion arise, only the Romanian version of these Contest Regulations shall be relevant.